PI(3,4,5)P3 diC8 (Phosphatidylinositol 3,4,5-trisphosphate diC8) is a synthetic, purified dioctanoyl PI(3,4,5)P3.
Phosphoinositides (PIPns) are minor components of cellular membranes but are integral signaling molecules for cellular communication. Phosphatidylinositol 3,4,5-trisphosphate (PIP3), formed from PI(4,5)P2 though phosphorylation by PI 3-kinase, activates numerous signaling pathways resulting in cell proliferation, growth, survival, glucose transport and protein synthesis. High PIP3 levels from disregulation of PI3-K have been demonstrated in cancer and inflammatory diseases. PIP3 is hydrolyzed by the phosphatases PTEN to PI(4,5)P2 and SHIP to PI(3,4)P2.
Product Keywords: Dioctanoyl Phosphatidylinositol 3,4,5-trisphosphate, PtdIns(3,4,5)P3 (8:0/8:0), PI(3,4,5)P3 C8, or PIP3
Bulk discounts available, please email email@example.com for information.
1. Paternotte, N., J. Zhang, et al. (2005). “SHIP2 interaction with the cytoskeletal protein Vinexin.” FEBS J 272(23): 6052-66.
2. Odriozola, L., G. Singh, et al. (2007). “Regulation of PTEN activity by its carboxyl-terminal autoinhibitory domain.” J Biol Chem 282(32): 23306-15.
3. Hubbard, L. L., C. A. Wilke, et al. (2011). “PTEN Limits Alveolar Macrophage Function Against Pseudomonas aeruginosa Following Bone Marrow Transplantation.” Am J Respir Cell Mol Biol 45(5): 1050-1058.
4. Steidle, E. A., et al. (2016). “A novel inositol pyrophosphate phosphatase in Saccharomyces cerevisiae: Siw14 selectively cleaves the Î²-phosphate from 5-diphosphoinositol pentakisphosphate (5PP-IP5).” J. Biol. Chem. 291: 6772-6783.
5. Somasundaram, R., et al. (2017). “Analysis of SHIP1 expression and activity in Crohnâ€™s disease patients.” PLoS ONE 12(8): e0182308.
6. Patel, V. B., et al. (2018). “PI3Kα-regulated gelsolin activity is a critical determinant of cardiac cytoskeletal remodeling and heart disease.” Nature Communications 9(1): 5390.