Sphingosine-fluorescein is an alkyl-labeled sphingosine synthesized with the natural erythro stereochemistry that maintains its natural properties.
Echelon offers a unique selection of sphingosine analogs labeled at the terminus of the alkyl chain with biotin or fluorescent groups. All compounds are synthesized from chiral precursors and are available as lyophilized powders. Echelon’s alkyl-labeled sphingosines are synthesized with the natural erythro stereochemistry and maintain similar properties as sphingosine. For example, labeled sphingosines are phosphorylated by sphingosine kinases (1 & 2) and can be used in high throughput screening applications. In addition, they induce a Nieman Pick type C1 disease cellular phenoype in RAW macrophages in the same manner as exogenously added sphingosine.
Excitation/Emission 494/521 nm
Bulk quantities of this product are available. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Featured in Publications
1) Lloyd-Evans, E., A. J. Morgan, et al. (2008). “Niemann-Pick disease type C1 is a sphingosine storage disease that causes deregulation of lysosomal calcium.” Nat Med 14(11): 1247.
2) Xiang, Y., G. Asmussen, et al. (2009). “Discovery of novel sphingosine kinase 1 inhibitors.” Bioorg Med Chem Lett 19(21): 6119-21.
3) Caliper Life Sciences Application Note 205
4) Peest, U., S. C. Sensken, et al. (2008). “S1P-lyase independent clearance of extracellular sphingosine 1-phosphate after dephosphorylation and cellular uptake.” J Cell Biochem 104(3): 756-72.
5) Meissner, A., J. Yang, et al. (2012). “Tumor Necrosis Factor-α-Mediated Downregulation of the Cystic Fibrosis Transmembrane Conductance Regulator Drives Pathological Sphingosine-1-Phosphate Signaling in a Mouse Model of Heart Failure.” Circulation 125(22): 2739-2750.