Sphingosine 1-Phosphate (S1P) Screening Service
The Sphingosine 1-Phosphate (S1P) Screening Service uses the S1P ELISA Kit (K-1900) to quantify S1P in biological samples. S1P is a key component of the sphingolipid signaling cascade and is produced via the activity of sphingosine kinase. S1P initiates a proliferative, pro-angiogenic, and anti-apoptotic sequence of events contributing to cancer progression. Research has suggested that S1P is a potent tumorigenic growth factor that is likely released from tumor cells. Indicating S1P may be a novel biomarker for early stage cancer detection. Sphingosine kinase has also been shown to be up-regulated in a variety of cancer types.
- Echelon has 25 years of ELISA expertise and 15 years experience in the S1P field.
- Your samples are cataloged and stored according to your requirements.
- Each sample is tested in duplicate.
- Results are provided as an average of the duplicate points in μM S1P.
- Usually results are provided 2 weeks from receipt of samples. We can accommodate tighter schedules if needed.
Contact us for a quote on your custom assay service.
S1P is quantified using the S1P ELISA Kit (K-1900). The S1P ELISA is a sensitive and robust method for quantification of S1P in a competitive ELISA format. The concentration of S1P in the sample is determined using a standard curve of known amounts of S1P.
Assay Range: 0.06 μM to 2 μM S1P
Fill out the form below to receive a full quote for this service.